There are significant changes to traditional funeral arranging arising from the coronavirus pandemic which we are monitoring closely. Looking after families at their time of need continues to be our priority as does providing dignity for the deceased at this unprecedented time. To reassure families, we are:
- very much still providing a 24/7 service
- in 13 branches across Edinburgh, Peebles and St Andrews
- for those house-bound, we can use telephones, Skype or Face Time
- arranging cremations only as churches have made the decision to stop people gathering
- encouraging families to invite only closest family members to the funeral – there may be live streaming or recording opportunities
- inviting families to meet the hearse at the crematorium directly, not use our limousines
- able to arrange memorials and celebrations of life at a later date
As of Monday 23 March 2020 Registrations will only be possible at the City Chambers office – Mon-Fri 9.00-4.00pm – and must be arranged by telephone.
Only one person will be permitted to attend the registration and payment for extracts is by card only.
We continue to follow guidance from the Scottish Government and the National Association of Funeral Directors to ensure we can safely support you at your time of need. If you need advice about any aspect of funerals, we’re here for you: 24/7. Call 01343 547 371.